ATX-S / Baptisms / August 7
Dates & Times
Aug 7, 20196:30pm - 8:30pm
About ATX-S / Baptisms / August 7
Thank you for your interest in Water Baptism at Shoreline! It’s our privilege to be a partner in your spiritual formation and journey. We look forward to new life and adventure!
What is Water Baptism?
- Water Baptism is a next step following a personal commitment to Jesus Christ our Savior.
- It is a public declaration that a believer makes as part of a life change experience with Christ.
- When a believer is water baptized there is significance in the full submersion in water as it represents the burial of our past and the resurrection of our new life in Christ, just as Christ himself was buried and rose again.
- Baptism does not remove sin, and is not a requirement of salvation.
Why do we do Water Baptisms?
- Jesus himself was baptized, setting an example for us to follow.
- Baptism is a voluntary act of obedience, a conscious declaration to the world and to the church that you are forevermore a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Baptism is a significant moment in your journey as a believer.
Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.”
How do we do it?
The word baptize means to submerge. When Jesus was baptized he was fully immersed in the river Jordan, this is why we practice full immersion water baptism.
We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
When should I be water baptized?
- We encourage you to seek baptism as soon as possible after receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
- Children who have made a decision for Christ, are welcome to participate in baptism.
How do I participate?
- Register at the link listed below.
- Follow the detailed day of instruction, that will be emailed to you upon registration.
- Prayerfully approach your baptism day as a milestone in your walk with Christ.
- Invite your friends and family to the service.
- Look for opportunities to deepen your walk with Christ, through Growth Track, serving, or small groups.